Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 PM
irishrose

Okay, I'm in one more month. If I weigh 146 again on the 30th, then I'll rethink it. April and Easter are times of new beginnings so it's a great time to jumpstart a weight lose. With spring arriving, our caveman genes will let us lose a few pounds as we survied a winter, so April will be a great month for all of us.

My name is Judy and I am a sugar addict. My name is Judy and I am a compulsive overeater. The second one is easier to deal with than the first for me. I wish I had seen that program Sunday. Two of my children were sugar reactive when younger - one still is, so it would have been interesting to me. D bought a white rat for a science project and feed him healthy food for two weeks then gave him a smidgeon of brown sugar. Poor Gilligan went berserk - even ran upside down across the top of the cage. S had her stethoscope home from work to check his heartbeat, but they couldn't count it - it just a blur. D's conclusion as a 5th grader - "I am not the only mammal who reacts to sugar." I hated it when the gov't decided sugar didn't affect children. None of them ever worked in a classroom, I'm sure, especially after Halloween. The sugar lobbyists at work again. I'm curious about the effect of sugar on me. I am thinking the attacks of sleepiness are related so the first thing I can do for for this month is track that.

Gilligan was a hit at the science fair, but being an idiot I had never considered what we'd do with him after it was over. I had a dog who was half Basenji and a bit of a fighter, a Siamese cat and a rat in the same house. The rat lived three years.

I put the red quilt aside and pulled out the wedding quilt that didn't get finished in time for the wedding last summer because I wanted it larger. The couple will be in the state the week of the 15th, so I am going to make those extra blocks and finish it.

Purplemen, where are you? We need you. I wonder who our winner is this month. Oh, I need to chose a bright and get in it the mail. I have plenty, but which one can I part with? Decisions, decisions.

Woman's World magazine's diet for this week is five days of 'normal' eating and two days of low carb. What is normal???

Pam 304, what's our taboo for this week?. Newbies, we have a weekly taboo that starts on Tuesday. It really isn't always something we should never have (sometimes it is), but has been a way of raising awareness of how much I consume of certain things. Last week was Easter candy and I have been successful, so I'll take my gold star, thank you very much. Thank you for doing this, Pam. BTW, if you have any ideas, you can PM her.

I want to get back to the quilt, so;

I AM losing weight and getting healthier. Goodnight, all.

edit: Pam and I were typing at the same time.

Last edited by irishrose; 04-02-2012 at 08:31 PM.