View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 11:45 PM
QuiltingCrazie

Default 1930's Applique question...help!

In using up what I have years ago I bought 2 packs of 1930 charm packs so I have designed a quilt that I'm happy about but it's 3rd in line so before I forget what I have planned I'm drawing it out and researching what i need. I have all the fabric (had to order one more charm pack) but that's ok.
I have decided to go out of my comfort zone and applique on the outer border because plain white is too boring for me and again I'm avoiding buying anymore fabric. I love sue and sam so I'm using them as a couple with a heart between them. I'm not a flower person, I will use floral prints but flowers appliqued allover my quilt is not my style although I do think they are very pretty to look at on others quilts. So I was thinking more of a house and herth type theme which is my style. In looking online I can't find any examples of a house or tree done in 1930's prints or on quilts. I would like to stay traditional to the theme of the fabric but before I make my own I thought I'd ask if anyone has a resource that I'm missing. I love baskets and I will use a few of those as well. Thanks