Old 04-03-2012, 04:39 AM
pinkberrykay

I couldn't agree more. I am a fairly new quilter and I started with Joann fabrics and a smidge from the LQS. It didn't take but a few quilts for me to realize that I was not doing myself or my quilts any justice by using less quality fabric. Its amazing what good quality thread and fabrics do for a finished product.

With all that said, quilting is such a great hobby, creates many memories and amazing friends. Quilt with what you can afford, buy things on sale and search the internet. There are many many deals to be found. And most important don't be afraid to ask any questions, the one thing I have learned is that quilters are friendly and eager to share their knowledge and information.
Originally Posted by Dotha View Post
Once you use nice fabric it will be nearly impossible to go back to cheaper fabric. I don't like the fact that cheaper fabric tends to fade and just don't feel as nice to touch. I worked in my LQS for 18 years so I am spoiled...and a big believer in using nice fabric. A bit of a thread snob too. haha But it is all personal. If you can afford it, buy the best. If not, do what you can. after all, the joy is in the journey.