View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 04:42 AM
qbquilts

Originally Posted by flhomeschoolmom View Post
I'm not sure that this post has anything to do with quilting or sewing. But it does have something to do with fabric that has a print on it, and now a stain.

My 11 yr. old son has a favorite shirt that has a print on the front of it that says "Aloha" and goes with his blue and white Hawaiian shorts. He decided to wear that outfit to the hospital for his outpatient surgery yesterday. He got blood on the front of the shirt from drooling after having oral surgery. He fell asleep on the way home and his entire mouth was numb, so. I put it in cold water and soaked it, but not luck. Now he's upset because we fear his favorite shirt is ruined. If it wasn't for the red and blue design on the front of it, I'd bleach it, but that's not an option. Any advice?
Try Goof Off. http://www.goofoffstainremover.com/. I found it in the cleaners in the hardware section of my local big box store. Back in December, I had to make an overnight visit to the ER. I didn't discover until after I got home that my IV site didn't clot and my jacket was soaked with blood in the elbow area. Using Shout 3 or 4 times did not work and I still had a stain - but the Goof Off took it out!