Old 04-03-2012, 05:59 AM
athenagwis

Default Start up Haul for a New Quilter - Thanks QB!!

So as a gift recently I bought my sister a sewing machine, she is a recently out on her own without a lot of funds and I know she likes to sew, but had no machine. I used some extra spending money I had to get her the machine, but asked on the board here if anyone could help donate towards getting her started with some stuff. You can see the whole story here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/request...r-t183378.html

The response I got was nothing short of amazing. I was able to put together some stuff I had here and QBers donated so many great things!! I know I have a few more packages for her on the way too, which I am going to send once I gather them all, but these pics are the first box I am going to send out to her. Sorry I don't have all the QB Angels names, I put the whole envelope in the box for my sister so she could see how many quilters out there care fro her even though they have never met her. But I thank each and every single person who helped me out from the bottom of my heart, my sister will definitely be able to get a good start now!!

The first picture is a shot of everything that is going in this box for my sister.

The next three pictures are the items I had around my house. I sent her rulers, thread, needles, rotary cutter and blades, a few books, patterns, and of course fabric.

The Fifth picture is all the stuff that QB angels sent to me for my sister. They include, 2 whole kits (simply beautiful) a book on making log cabin quilts, a charm pack, and some lovely fabrics of course!!

The last pic is what came from one simply wonderful QBer. I do not have her name as I already packed the box up, but I will get it from my sis when she gets the box. She sent a ruler, thread, 6 or 7 magazines, and of course awesome fabrics.

A big huge thank you to all of you who sent me something for her. She will be shocked by the love from this wonderful quilting community!!

Cheers!
Rachel
Attached Thumbnails img_7401.jpg   img_7406.jpg   img_7405.jpg   img_7409.jpg   img_7402.jpg  

img_7408.jpg