View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 11:11 AM
lynnefaye

Default Loving my Innova

Buying an expensive toy in our current economy was a big leap of faith on my part. Now, I'm wondering what I've done. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE to quilt and have made more than 25 quilts in the last several years - many of them Queen sized on a domestic machine. But after carpel tunnel surgery last year, a longarm with robotics was the only way I could myself able to continue doing what I love. I just hope I didn't make a mistake with the choice of machine and dealer.[/QUOTE]

Buying anything as expensive as a longarm made me shiver. I also tried every brand of machine I could find, that may be a bit easier here in the states tho I don't really know. I bought my 18" Innova, standard tension and no bells or whistles at a show so I really have no dealer. A young man from the company came and set it up from scratch, took him 5 hours and he gave a basic demo also. I overcame my fear of breaking something and have learned in a year how to do basic longarm quilting, can make a pretty fair feather, too. Anytime I have had an issue or a question, I call the toll free number for Innova and talk to Michael. He is in his 70s and has owned the company for many years. He knows these machines and how to correct the problems by walking you thru them over the phone. He needs to know about this dealer that gave such poor service so he can educate them or not let them sell these machines. His number should be on the literature you received with your purchase. If not, email me privately and I will give it to you.
The Innova is a great machine but may not work properly if it isn't set up correctly just as any other brand. I have never changed my setup as it runs perfectly just as Jake set it up. I feel for you, what a terrible way to get started with what should have been an exciting and thrilling event. Call Michael, if he isn't there right that minute, he will return your call soon.
Lynne from eastern KS