View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 05:11 PM
craftybear
Google Goddess

so happy for you, it was meant for you to have a new machine

Originally Posted by pattypurple View Post
Went to the fabric/machine store today to spend a $50 coupon. Made the mistake of asking what used machines they had in. First he showed me the next step up from the Brother that I now have (which has been in the shop for 3 weeks). It was a beautiful machine but at $1200 I'd have to think about it. I then asked again what USED machines he had in. He had a Baby Lock Ellure Plus with embroidery unit for $900. I hadn't even thought about the embroidery part, but since it came with the machine it was a bonus. I tried it out and decided I had to jump at it. Called DH to make sure there was still Christmas money in the account and bought it. I was going to take my old machine back to them for $200 store credit, but DH says for that amount I should just keep it for when I want to take it to a class. I like the way he thinks. It helped that he has been on a buying binge with some of his hobbies lately. I've just about played the Christmas money card for as much as I can since I bought a new bicycle 2 weeks ago.
So, my $50 coupon ended up costing me a little over $1000. Such a deal!!!!