View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 07:37 AM
amandasgramma

Some of you may remember the story I wrote earlier about our cat bringing a chipmunk into the house..... LINK....Well, this morning it was a bird the cats brought in. Here's the story:

Woke up after a REALLY good night sleeping. Both of us commented on how we slept better than we had in a week. I did my morning thing, then walked in to get coffee. OH MY -- bird feathers ALL over the living room floor :shock: (of course, I'd vacuumed yesterday!!! :( ) DH went out to get the paper and I started searching. Sure enough, found the bird in my SEWING ROOM! :x BUT - it was ALIVE! So DH, being the brave man he is, scooped up the bird. A tiny little Wren! :cry: It got loose and proved it could fly. He caught it again, and took it out the front door. He let it go....nice thing to do, eh? :roll: Well, it flew all right......right to the pine trees out across the driveway ---- and in the flash of an eye...a HAWK swooped down and nabbed him!!!! :shock: :shock: Guess that poor guy was destined to meet his maker today!!!!!

The kitty door will be locked at night from now on! :?