Old 04-03-2012, 06:28 PM
jlhmnj

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
I want to tell you about my DH from over the weekend. You all know he is the vintage machine lover here. Well he has been trying to get his mother's Minnesota B machine for years. You see his mother past 22 years ago and his sister just wouldn't turn lose of the machine. Well over the weekend he asked again just to see it and it was a messss. In an old shed that the roof leaked. He got sick just looking at it because at one time it was his mother's pride and joy. The paint is completely gone from the machine and locked up. Sooo he asked again if he might have the machine and try and get her running. Sister finally said yes. So machine is in work shop and complety oiled and turning. Got the treadle peddle working too. His mother used to hear DH working the treadle and yell to leave her machine alone or she would box his ears. DH was sitting and just treadling away and says look at me now mom you can't box my ears. Oh how I wish I was behind him and he not know it I would have boxed his ears. Most of the parts are there and the bobbin seems to be the same as our Davis and we have an extra so going to try that. Need a manual if any one has a copy they could send us a copy of. Or know a site I can look tried yesterday but couldn't find any info. Also need the regular presser foot. It slides on from the front.
Hi Trish,

Here's a manual for the "Burdick" the predecessor of the Minnesota B. Similar but different in areas.

http://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollect...f/sil10-37.pdf

Jon