View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 07:30 PM
J Miller

Default Alden SUZ-2 Super Zig-Zag is home

We made our run to INDY today. Started out great. Actually got out of IL on time and then it went down the toilet. Just as we crossed the line into IN about 10:00 am my wife's boss called her and told her she was officially unemployed. They had closed the store. Wanted her to come in and talk and turn in the key. She said she'd be there tomorrow, we were in IN now. That soured the rest of the trip. Try as we might we just couldn't pull out of the depression it caused.

Got to Goodwill fine. I know the way by now, this is the second trip I've made there.
Got the machine and the bolt of really neat fabric. Loaded up and headed to get some food.
At 2:00 PM with only a muffin for breakfast Subway tasted pretty good.

The machine was exactly as it looked in the pictures. No surprises there. Really neat rotary control nob for the built in stitches. Some extra feet and attachments, a straight stitch needle plate and even a bobbin with thread in it and a roll of thread.
Once home I tried it out and although all the controls work, it sews and the decorative stitches work, there is one small problem. The needle bar will not park centered even with the lever centered. It's so far off it won't come near the needle hole in the straight stitch plate.
The needle bar is a pivoting bar kind of like what the Singer 401 has. I've traced the bar that controls the position of the needle bar and can't see where it's problem is. There is a lot of stuff in the way. I've oiled it up and it eased up a lot, I'm hoping the oil loosens up what ever is causing the needle bar to stick. If not then I've got to figure out how to adjust it.

I got some pics in Indy, but they're still in the camera and I'm too bushed tonight to put them in the computer.

Ah well, can't win 'em all.

Oh, if anyone runs a cross an owners manual for this; free or pay download, or for purchase, please let me know.

Joe