View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 08:35 PM
sylviak

I was very lucky to get a 3 day learning retreat before my machine actually arrived. We learned how to set it up, load quilts and actually did some practice quilting on a machine like the one we would be be getting. It arrived by truck in several packages (which were just left on the porch!) and DH and I put the frame together with the help of a CD. I've had it now for almost 5 yrs and really enjoy using it. DH has been very good to me and very supportive. We had a 14' X 24' shed built last year and we have successfully moved everything to the shed. Sometimes I feel a little selfish, but I love the quilting, so no remorse. I occasionally quilt for other people, but my family keeps my busy! Just relax and put a practice sandwich on it. Just use a 2 or 3 ft piece of cheap fabric for back and another for the front. Cut the top one down 2 or 3 inches on all sides. Put a piece of batting between them and relax and practice. You'll probably start looking forward to turning it on and trying a new design. Pantos are easy. I use a laser to follow the lines. Use the broken line to help you line up for the next row. If you need help doing this, PM me. You'll love the results you get!