Old 04-04-2012, 05:02 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Pounded fried steak smothered in Mushroom soup gravy yesterday for the guy who went fishing together and brought back some nice bass. On the side was an oven roasted pork loin. Almost five pounds worth; will be their meat for the week.

Again, I sprayed the small roaster with oil; added the roast, poured a quart of canned apples over it (4 cups), and added 3/4 cup of brown sugar, put the lid on and roasted it at 350 degrees for two and half hours. Took the lid off the last 30 minutes and it browned nicely. My dh will eat this; and he does not love pork the way I do. I grew up in Iowa and we butchered four hogs and two cows every year, I learned how to cut up and wrap fresh meat at an early age.

After the guys left to go fishing, we gals jumped into her car and sped off to the.....not quilt shops, but a nice plant nursery close by. Found some nice buys and filled her car up to the roof and had to work hard to make it all fit in. Funny how I always end up needing side boards whether its cooking or shopping. And since it was noon and we were hungry and tired, we stopped by her local "Texas" stop sign. The DQ for blizzards and a sandwich....no cooking and no dishes to wash...for real.

The downer is now I have to plant all those plants, so no sewing room action today. Wishing for some good Texas What-a-burger or tacos today....pass one on up, dublb, please.