View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:11 AM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Default the strangest things can happen here!

Many months ago, perhaps a year or more even, I posted for sale some metal template sets. I listed them by the name on the paper inside of the packages "Roy Daniel, Tinsmith" they say.
Well, a few weeks ago I got the strangest PM message about those templates.
Here is what the young man wrote to me:
[h=2]metal templates[/h]
I was doing a search under my grandfathers name, Roy Daniel and I was brought here. I lived with him and his wife Inez in Camden, Maine for almost 2 years. This was between 1982 and 1984. I was around 14. Inez made quite a few quilts and many people had asked Roy to make them some more permanent templates. I worked in his shop after school and on the weekends. I may have been the guy who glued the sandpaper onto the back of the ones you have. After gluing the paper and trimming the excess, I punched the pieces & wired them together. I remember the colored paper that would get put into every bag with the design on the front.
He was also known for making colonial tin pieces such as chandeliers, candle holders, snuffers, decorative mugs, and many other pieces.
He also sung in a barbershop quartet at his church. He would sing a lot of the old songs while working.
If you ever wish to part with a couple of patterns, please let me know.
Thanks,
Dave

Well, turns out that I did still have a couple of sets of these templates and as we speak a little set of twister templates is on their way to Dave's house to be reunited with him and add a piece of his family history back into his life!

How cool is that? All because he googled Roy's name and my sales ad came up in that search!
how cool that now we ALL have a little more insight/history about the wonderful tinsmith who helped keep quilting alive with his wonderful templates!