View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 10:29 AM
dojo36

well, i was so ticked i just couldn't let it go. it takes one whole day to make one of these baskets. there is 3 circles of fabric that i had to do that scalloped edge around, then put fray check on it, then cut it out, then embroidery 6 places on one piece, then sew them all together and sew on 3 snaps to make it hold its shape. i made her a quilt one time and she gave it to her husband to put in his van, he's a mechanic and sometimes takes a nap in his van at his shop, greasy clothes and all. he saw me out in front yard one day and thanked me for making him that quilt that he enjoyed it. i thought well at least somebody is enjoying it. and another time i bought a denim shirt and embroidered Christmas things all over it and gave it to her for Christmas. I never saw her wear it, couple years later, i happened to go over to her house on a cold day and she had that shirt on and was cleaning house. she even said oh i just love to wear this shirt when cleaning house, it keeps my arms warm. i said well, whatever!another time i had made her a kleenex box cover embroidered and she had it in a garage sale for a quarter. she had even seen mine and made a remark about how well she liked it - that's why i made her one.
excuse me for griping so much but i feel better now, lol. but her taking that cloth basket apart was just the straw that broke the camel's back. here's pic of my daughter's Christmas shirt.

Christmas shirt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47511[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-47511.jpe