View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:46 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by greywuuf View Post
I think I need some help. one of my little godzilla 128's is realy living up to the moniker.....
She has been fitted with a Pfaff 1.6 amp motor and is a little out of control (or rather I am a little out of control) the main issue is that the foot pedal(a later model singer bakelite...wide brown thing) does not seem to be rated for the motor and gets very hot, and also kinda has only two speeds ... off .. and Watch your Fingers!

So can someone suggest a new foot pedal that might get me a little more heat sink and range of motion, I have no problem with the powerful motor and in fact kind of like it just wish I could excersize a little more control over this little monster.

thanks
Dan
Dan,

I have a similar problem. My MW URR988 or 7 Jewel, has a 1.5 amp motor and it's foot controller gets VERY hot. I have a thread here about it.

I got the foot controller from Sew-Classic and Jenny wasn't much help. She suggested I try an electronic controller but when I told her the motor was 1.5 amp she said that "might" damage an electronic controller because they are only rated at 1.2 amps. I haven't tried another controller yet, but that is the next thing on my list.

The Alden I just brought home from Indy has a 0.8 amp motor on it and it's foot controller got blistering hot in just a few minutes of sewing. So I can't use that one either.

At this point, I'm frustrated as well. Hopefully somebody will see your thread and have something to say that they didn't say in my thread.

Joe

Last edited by J Miller; 04-04-2012 at 08:48 AM.