Thread: EQ
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 11:19 AM
dunster
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
well, that takes care of that!

it doesn't run on mac without the add-on windows supplement, which i never got because at the time it cost more than the EQ does now. so to have this tool, i would have to be prepared to spend at least $450, probably more, for the EQ + the windows supplement for the mac. i don't think it's really worth it for me.

thanks everyone for answering all my questions. who knows what the future will bring, right? i may add another computer someday, downstairs where my workroom is, and that would be windows.
Parallels (which will run Windows on the Mac and is supported by EQ) is $79.99 from parallels, and you can get it a lot cheaper from ebay, especially if you buy a used version. It is possible to get EQ6 at 10% off, but list is about $150. So, I figure $230 would be an upper bound to get EQ6 running on your Mac. However it doesn't seem that you really need EQ if you are happy with the way you are doing things. We all find different tools to help us.

BTW, another thing I do with EQ6 is make my quilt labels. And Geta uses it to make the patterns for her wonderful shadow trapunto. It is really very versatile.