View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 10:38 AM
flhomeschoolmom

Default Baby Shower Foods

I've looked over this recipes section of the site and can tell that there are some wonderful cooks here. And I've added a few recipes to my recipe collection that I want to try too.

As most of you know, I'm planning a baby shower for my SIL who is expecting in June. My goal for this shower is something simple, yet elegant and not outrageously expensive. I want the majority of the money I have to spend on the shower to be spent on the baby not the shower itself.

I know that there can not be any salt water fish, raw egg, artificial sweetners, or a lot of dairy. I'm making strawberry cupcakes with a white chocolate pudding frosting (it's a recipe that uses pudding and only 1/4 cup of confectionary sugar to make icing). Each cupcake will have 1/2 a strawberry on top of it that is drizzled with dark chocolate. The other thing I'm planning is a raw veggie platter with a vegetable dip. The guest list is only about 12 people, so not a huge shower. I'm looking for easy finger foods and a simple punch. Any ideas or recipes? I haven't made punch in probably a decade.

Ali