View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 01:16 PM
J Miller

Hokay, here are the pics I promised.

First off the machine is an Alden SUZ-2 SUPER DELUXE ZIG-ZAG.
The markings on the machine are:
J
- A 13 .
Model #: SUZ-2.
Serial #: SUZ 790045.
Made in Japan.

I do not know who made it yet. I once found a chart that put manufacturers with the J- A numbers, but now I can't find it.

The machine in the back of my Pathfinder:

The storage drawer with some things in it. A couple bobbins, a seam ripper, a needle, a screwdriver;

At home with the top off for inspection and oiling:
Controls:

Insides; the lever at the upper right, red arrow, controls the direction of the machine when the red colored stitches are used. Push it one way and the stitches go backwards. The other way and the stitches go forwards.

The accessory box and goodies:

1: Neat see through box.
2: Straight stitch needle plate.
3: Quilting stitch guide.
4: Hemmer foot.
5: Adjustable zipper foot.
6: Bobbins.
7: Darning or FMQ spring?
8: Double off set needles.
9: Seam guide.
10: Zig-Zag foot.
11: Special purpose or satin foot.
12: Cording foot?
13: Button foot?
14: Straight stitch foot? (Never seen one this big.)

Here's a close up of the last three feet:

In my first post I said the needle bar was not parking correctly. Well, I was wrong. Without a manual one sometimes has to "fiddle" with things to figure out how to make them go properly. This machine, like several others we have, requires the stitch width control to be set at "0" to park the needle in the centered position. Once I figured that out I did some sewing with the straight stitch plate and foot and it worked pretty good.
I'm going to work with it quite a bit till I figure out what settings make the best looking decorative stitches then I'll do a black felt display and post that.
Well, I will if anyone is interested.

Looks like this one might be one to keep.

Joe

Last edited by J Miller; 04-04-2012 at 01:30 PM.