View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 02:20 AM
AshleyR

I am a new quilter and have never really used my sewing machine much. I have signed up for the BOM and Chocolate classes, just because they were free! I haven't made a block or a truffle yet! But that's not really where my interests lie... I started the Sewing Studio with Diana Rupp but haven't really started the course yet. I really have so much to learn... Project Upcycle with Betz White was something I thought I'd be interested in, but once I started, it wasn't for me at all, so I asked for a refund and it was credited back to my debit card in a few days. You do have to cancel in the first 30 days for the refund, but they were very nice about it.
The first class I took was Machine Quilting with Wendy Butler Berns and I learned so much! I figured I wasn't ever going to take a class at a store, so this was a better option. Then I took Quilting Big Projects on a Small Machine and Beyond Basic Machine Quilting with Ann Petersen. The first one is a great beginner course and the second one is more advanced. Too advanced for me right now, but it's amazing. All the instructors are very good, they don't talk to you like a second-grader or talk over your head. If you have a question or comment, they respond within the next day or so. They explain why they are going to do something and how to do it then they do it and the camera is right there. My only complaints would be that you have to watch the price of something you want and wait for it to get in your budget and that you can't use the full version on the mobile device. I enjoy reading other comments and suggestions too. You can also take notes during the class and the video stops while you're typing. Then when you refer back to that note, you can watch that part of the course. Oh, and another complaint: my speakers aren't the best, and I wish they had a transcript or dubbing or something like that.

I recommend that you try one of them and if you don't like it, they will give you a refund or another course for free.