View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 05:32 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Sure would be nice if we could find out more about these beauties, wouldn't it? My Universal is J-A 38. It looks very much the same inside as your Alden. I do not have a single hole presser foot and my needle parks to the left only. Is the Alden a short shank? Some of the feet look like longs. THe U is definitely a long shank and, of course, I have no long shank accessories like a hopping foot or a walking foot. I look forward to seeing your stitches.
I got an offset, high shank, straight stitch presser foot from my local sewing machine guy for my Dial 'n Sew. It's a zig-zag that parks to the left.
I also got an offset, low shank, straight stitch, presser foot from him that so far doesn't fit anything I have.
I'd love to find sources of information for these machines. I hate to admit it, but the Japanese machines are more interesting to me that the Singers made from the 60s on.
We've got a small walking foot that is a low shank foot. It came with an adapter for the old style Berninas. We took the adapter off it works fine on regular low shank machines.
I'll get the stitch patterns made as soon as I can.

Joe