View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 06:41 AM
Caroline S

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Caroline,

I wouldn't be at all surprised if your Universal and this one was made in the same place. At least they probably share many of the same designs.
I've got to go back and look at your machine. I can't remember what it's controls look like.
Perhaps it needs the top off and a gallon of oil poured inside. That's just about what I did to this one. Besides the two or three actual oil holes, there is a bunch of moving, pivoting, sliding, turning, parts that were dry, so I oiled them. I put the Tri-Flo grease on the two gear sets at the left end as well.
I think people sometimes just put one drop of oil in the oil holes and then forget the rest of the moving parts. Then they run the machine to death and wonder why it quits working.

Post me a close up pic of the entire front of your machine and I'll cogitate on the controls.

Joe
Gonna go back and look at my pics as I thought I had taken one of the top of the machine. If not, I will. I did take the top off to look inside. WOW, a whole bunch of awesome gears. I was not sure if they should be oiled or greased so I didn't. Pics coming your way soon. I am also going to bring the Morse inside today and start tinkering with her. She has been in the garage until I could find room in the house. Solution, move plants that are on the plant stand to the greenhouse, move plant stand to the deck and voila, perfect spot for the Morse.

Caroline