View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 07:35 AM
cmw0829

Originally Posted by Boater4444 View Post
I am delighted to say that within hours of my above post, I received a personal phone call from Neal, the President of Innova. He was thoroughly gracious and professional. He apologized for the problems I was experiencing, admitting that the dealer had not been properly trained by Innova, particularly on the AutoPilot. He offered to fly an Innova technician from Houston to Toronto first thing in the morning to complete the installation. Now, THAT's customer service! As I am not running a business, I couldn't honestly say that my situation required that sort of urgency, so I agreed to give the dealer another chance, on the understanding that I would request an Innova technician, if the dealer failed to perform once again. Neal gave me his direct phone number and e-mail address and assured me that my installation would be completed to my 100% satisfaction at Innova's expense. I was very impressed and my confidence in Innova was restored.

The dealer returned that same evening, and spent a solid 2 hours tweaking the carriage assembly and belt drives to my satisfaction - as well as my husband's, who is very fussy. The machine appears to now be operating solidly, although I won't know for sure about the belts until I engage the AutoPilot. But as it stands, I'm a happy camper.

I am now looking forward to learning this machine inside and out and making some beautiful quilts. As for the dealer... well, let's just say he's more salesman than techie and he's got a huge learning curve. But I'm a generous spirit and I'm willing to work with him, knowing Innova will always be there for me.

Thanks Neal.
That IS customer service. The manufacturers are very aware of the power of a negative review. There are stats on this and they know that the negative will always outweigh the positive.

I'm glad you were able to get the issue resolved. And even though your dealer worked it out for you - and you suffered through it - you can be gratified that the next purchaser from this dealer will not experience the same nightmare. Innova will ensure that it doesn't happen.

Thanks to the vendors and manufacturers who monitor our boards for issues. I asked a question of the board about a kit offered by Keepsake Quilting when KQ didn't seem able to answer my question. KQ saw my post and provided a contact so that I could get the answer. I did get my answer and purchased the kit. I'll remember their efforts.