Old 04-05-2012, 08:32 AM
annesthreads

Default D9P with pictures - direction on 9-patch block?

OK, let's see if I can explain this clearly. My spatial skills are poor and I'm in a muddle. I'm planning a disappearing 9 patch baby quilt on which I'd like alternate squares to feature pictures - I've got some great fabric with pictures of cars, trains, planes etc. I've just made 2 test 9-patch blocks, one using the pictures, one with the fabric I plan to use in the alternate squares. Then I realised that when I cut the blocks into 4 and arranged them into the D9P pattern, not all the pictures can be the right way up. I can't for the life of me work out how to correct this. I THINK I have to put two of the pictures sideways facing to the right in the 9-patch block in order to get them in the right direction on the quilt. Is this correct? Or do I do the 9-patch blocks with 2 picture squares and 2 with the other fabric? And if so, how do I place the two fabrics? (The pattern on the non-picture one dosn't run in one direction).
I've stared at this for so long that I can't see it straight any more, so would appreciate some help!