Old 04-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Maggiemay

Hi All, I am just back from a hectic few weeks. First, I went away to FL with my husband for business & to see family. Just got back from spending 5 nights camping at the beach here with a big group of friends. I am pretty much home in April. It is so much easier for me to stay on track at home.

I lost 4 lb in March. I didn't think that warranted a PM to Cindy! My goal in March was to track my eating & calories & I accomplished that. Not every day, but close. My goals in April are more exercise & more water. Pretty much a "back to basics" approach.

I've never used S. Shamber's basting method, but it always interested me. I wonder why you couldn't use her method with pin basting instead of thread basting. I am not much of a hand sewer so I would rather pin than thread baste. I am a spray baster. I know it is not for everyone, but I have great luck with it. Hope you get those boards home ok Judy!

Gayle, How is it going in that cast? Hope these next few weeks before your surgery are not as pain filled as the last few have been.

Interesting reading everyone's comments about sugar addiction. I don't think I am a sugar addict, but I do love carbs- is that the same thing because they are metabolized the same way? I know that when I cut down on the white carbs & eat the whole grains weight loss is better

I am bringing an appetizer (among other things) to Easter Dinner this year. I am bringing a veggie platter, so that should cover this week's taboo for me.

Welcome to all of the new people who joined us this month & welcome to those who are retuning!