Old 04-05-2012, 09:29 AM
irishrose

What a pretty picture, Cindy. I'm glad you can take it easier. Our bodies take a hit with any surgery and need time to recuperate. Have you started your purple quilt?

Now I have to try the boards to satisfy the curiousity of y'all. It WILL be pinned. I don't do any hand sewing. 1)Having arthritis and 2) being impatient make that something that doesn't appeal to me. I'm one of those terrible people who put binding on by machine. I sew it to the front, wrap it and SITD from the front. Nothing shows on the front and only a line of stitching in matching thread shows on the back. Works for me. If I made the quilt by hand, then I would do the binding by hand but that's not a lkely possibility. I did do some Log Cabin wallhangings by hand just to keep me in my seat at lunchtime when I was working, but that's been my only experience with hand quilting.

Maggie, I sometimes think I'd like to rent a motor home and take the dogs camping. Then I come to my senses. I live a mile from one of Michigan's favored state parks and can walk there and back then sleep in my own bed. I do like visiting friends or family for the evening campfire. I have fond and some funny memories of camping, but I had a husband and five children to help with chores and I could walk on rough ground then. I taught camping skills to Girl Scout leaders and my son was a Boy Scout. How did I he and I manage to set up a tent with the opening facing uphill? I awoke in a huge puddle when a thunderstorm passed through.

Goal for April - that same as March - lose those same 2 1/2 pounds. March weight loss was 0. How to do it? Control my snacking by eating regular meals. Control my chocolate - yes, nancia, I'm still 'good'. Had a few extra last night but not too many considering I spent the day with my stressor, but that's the first time is a few weeks which is a record for me.

Okay, off to get my boards and see about getting the deer damage to my car fixed. Have a great day, everyone.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.