Old 04-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Jim's Gem

Beautiful picture Cindy!!!!
I have not mailed my FQ yet. Maybe tomorrow.
I had my pre-op apt with my Primary care today. Down another 11 lbs since I was in there on the 27th of January, that's with my pretty shoe still on (ugly boot but you can see my newly pedicured toes on that foot)
Then had to go get blood drawn, that took and hour of mostly waiting.......
Ran to Smart and Final (ok, hobbled) to get ingredients for making my salsa (ate the last of it on my eggs this morning) Was totally wiped out, DH and daughter called me as I was driving home, wanted me to meet them for lunch. Fortunately got a Handicapped spot right in front of the restaurant and I rested while I waited for them to arrive. Saw my precious grand daughter during lunch. DH drove me home and brought in my few groceries. I didn't even have the energy to go anywhere else in the store, bought only veggies and a fresh pineapple. The foot is aching and I feel drained. Lunch helped a little, I had a grilled fish and a grilled shrimp taco no beans or rice. Did eat some chips and salsa though.
It is not hurting as bad as last week but with this cast I move very slowly and with difficulty. Keeps me from getting it really pissed off. Didn't make it for the chest x-ray he wanted or my new Handicap placard today. Maybe tomorrow. I am bummed that I won't be able to get my garden in before surgery. I am going to try and hit a garden center next week and maybe put some veggies in pots that I can transplant later.
For Easter, my mom is cooking a ham, I am bringing Black Eyed peas and we're having (hopefully) salad and broccoli to go with it. Told her I am not eating desert, she may have my sister-in-law bring something. My DD#1 will bring fresh picked strawberries. DD#2 and her DH will be there as well so I will get to see both grands. My husbands mother and husband will come over so the great grands will get to see the babies. Hoping my Son comes too. DD#3 is in Phoenix with her In-laws for Easter.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!