Old 04-05-2012, 06:36 PM
dublb

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Yes, dublb, I read the books a number of times and checked out the website. I admire anyone that can stack cookies and make them look like a hamburger.

Successful in planting all the plants I could today and put the remainder in the garage. Finished laundry for the week, kitchen is cleaned up, so may be I can sew tomorrow. Anyone else finished any project this week?? JanRN, I think I can smell your crock pot soup, but no recipe??

Tomorrow its Texas Bar-Be-Que, short ribs, Boston baked beans, cornbread, cold slaw, and home made ice cream.

Breakfast is potato cakes, eggs the way you like them, and bacon. Milk, tea or coffee. Lunch is creamy chicken noodle over toast, with steamed broccoli, and pie of your choice. Enjoy.
Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Recipe for Italian Wedding Soup (my easy version)

12 frozen meatballs, microwaved then cut in quarters
1 cup chopped cooked chicken*
1 cup carrots, cut like coins
1 cup diced celery
6 cups chicken broth (I use canned)
1 clove finely chopped garlic
salt & pepper to taste
1 can chopped spinach (or fresh spinach or kale)
1/4 cup acini di pepe or any small pasta (we like mini bow ties)
1/4 cup Romano cheese

Put everything in crock pot except spinach, pasta and cheese. Cook on low/medium (depending on how hot your crockpot gets) for 6 hours. Add pasta and spinach during the last hour of cooking. Serve with cheese on the side.
*I buy boneless chicken breasts when they're on sale and always bake a couple extra ones when I make them for dinner. I chop the extras up and keep them handy in the freezer.

This soup freezes well. And it makes your house smell sooooo good!
Oh yall are making me hungry! I'm gonna send this recipe to my DD & my DDIL.