View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 07:32 PM
moonrise

I received not one ... not two ... not three ... but FOUR grown-up blocks in the mail today! JACKPOT!!!

From Veronika - I *love* it! What an appropriate grandmother/granddaughter block, with the two hearts. Thanks also for the egg coloring. How fun!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325591[/ATTACH]

And WandaLou sent me this gorgeous block! Your note made me smile. I was terrified to cut into the fabric too, even though I knew I'd get back a bunch of lovely blocks and that it would be very well worth it! LOL! Thanks for the very pretty addition to my quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325592[/ATTACH]

Yayaquilts sent me this pretty block called "Hens and Chicks". I love it, and your note made me smile. It's a funny coincidence, but my grandmother and my great-grandmother (her mom) used to keep plants called "Hens and Chicks". They're a type of succulent, with a "hen" (mother) plant that sprouts little "chicks" (young plants). I always enjoyed looking at their plants and flowers, and I remember being particularly fascinated by the "Hens and Chicks" plants. So your block is perfect in more ways than one!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325593[/ATTACH]

NDQuilts sent this lovely block called "Bridal Path". Isn't it pretty? I just love it, and I enjoyed your note as well. Thanks so much!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325594[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boomerang7-received-veronika.jpg   boomerang7-received-wandalou.jpg   boomerang7-received-yayaquilts.jpg   boomerang7-received-ndquilts.jpg