Old 04-06-2012, 05:50 AM
ILoveToQuilt

Unhappy Do You Buy Fabric Only For Your Current Project or Do You Buy Just Because You Like I

For many years, I was "guilty" of buying fabric because I liked it and would say I'd use it someday. Well...I've had to stop this type of buying and let me tell you I miss it! DH and I have had to somewhat downsize and out went 90% of my stash, right into a dumpster! EEEKKKK! Some of my fabric had gotten moth eaten, some had become mouse nests. I stored my fabric in the large Rubbermaid tote boxes in a dry garage, which turned out to not be totally dry (mildew on some fabric). Now, I only buy fabrics for the project I am currently working on. I have less than 5 yards in my stash. Not really a stash now, is it? I guess my question is really this, how do you store your fabrics, so my types of mishaps won't happen (not the DH cleaning it out...LOL) but the bugs, rodents and mildew? I don't have room in my closets, and my sewing room is tiny (8 ft. x 9 ft) and shares space with book shelves and my DH's musical instruments., so neither of these is an option for me. Suggestions? Thanks for listening to my tale of woe...I'm a very sad quilter in New Hampshire!