Old 04-06-2012, 06:30 AM
gardnergal970

My apologies to JanieW and JanR for getting you mixed up and thanks QuiltE for straightening me out! If I don't take notes while I'm reading the posts, that's what happens.

Here is where I've been playing this spring. This is my second spring gardening here. All of the space was under cultivation last year but I've laid out the beds with paths on the upper level and put up more fencing. It's so fun to go back this spring and not have to start from scratch but see the roses, asparagus, strawberries, etc, doing what they're supposed to do. We gathered lots of leaves last fall. Some of it I dug in this spring and the rest are in bags waiting to be used as mulch through the summer. We had a frost warning last night and I covered the strawberries. Need to go out and see if anything else got nipped.

Our house is the little white one you'll see in background of one of the pictures. The nice brick house is the neighbors. They tell me they do enjoy the garden from their kitchen window.

The last picture is the half the block that took me half a day to do. These PC blocks are very challenging since they aren't standard size and I can't use the templates I have and then the designs are unusual. Maybe by the end, I'll have conquered some of the skills I'm learning.

My DH is roaming the house today. Don't know how much sewing I'll get done. Oh, well, he's worth it!
Attached Thumbnails photo-14.jpg   photo-19.jpg   photo-20.jpg   photo-21.jpg   photo-22.jpg  

photo-26.jpg