Old 04-06-2012, 07:02 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

From the breath of spring to JanieW's Old Man Winter!
Poor You!!! The good news ... you can build Easter Rabbits with the Grands!!!!!!!! Think of the memories you will create!!!
Probably it's poor me ... as you do tend to send your weather eastward. YIKES!!! what am I in for next week?

And it's not unknownst ... The first time I saw this home was on April 7th ... and we had such a wild storm overnight that as I left with the real estate agent, we got stuck in my yard. Then as we drove along the roads and everyone was sliding everywhere, I wondered why on earth I was on the road? There really was no rush, was there? When we got here, everything was covered ... honestly, we had no clue what the roof was, or if there was a flowerbed or sidewalk? We walked down the slope thru the bush to the creek .... and being that it'd changed to freezing rain, we then had to grab tree limbs to come back up as we slid around. At the top, we were walking on top of the snow/ice ... no indentations!! I put in an offer that night, conditional to another viewing. It was accepted. That was a Friday .... by Monday, it was no better. I firmed up, as the RE agents were having an open house the next day and I didn't want anyone jumping my offer.

And I've NEVER regretted it one bit!! ... Yes there was a roof. The flower beds were there, but minimal and old and tired. The sidewalk, was merely stepping stones of limestone rock from the bush. All true, to what they had told us!

Termi ... have you done anything on your house quilt? I just saw this thread, and the houses are exactly mine! HOwever, I have about 15 made ... so using this idea, I could have LOTS of quilts!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t185202.html

GGal .. I got carried away ... and forgot to mention, that I really like the start of that block. I've kept track of the # of pieces, and don't want to scare myself as to the # hours! Oh yes, hours and hours per block!! You mentioned templates, but not PPing ... have you tried it? It's still not fast, but I find it does help immensely, and gives such nice results.

Last edited by QuiltE; 04-06-2012 at 07:06 AM.