View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by Rhonda Lee View Post
...My wonderful father passed away last month after a 2 year bout with cancer. It's taken a toll on my emotions and time for the 2 year duration. Even though we were prepared for his passing it certainly does not make it any easier to loose such a piller of strength that he was in my life. The mourning still takes it's own time. ...I'm not complaining, my life is rich and rewarding and I just love quilting. I'm just saying Orca Bay is still to come for me.
rhonda my condolences for your loss. i too had a very similar situation with my father who was also a pillar of my life. my father's cancer came back 3 times (after treatment & surgery). it was very aggressive and determined. he passed 7 yrs ago but he's still very present for me. yes my life is rich and full and my father's love gave me a firm foundation to stand on.

yes we must pace ourselves with our quilting and i too am amazed at the speed with which others finish their quilts. i use it as my inspiration and motivation and keep plugging away at the hobby i much love. yep orca bay is on my list of to-do's. your words have touched me in a special way because i can relate.