Old 04-06-2012, 08:36 AM
gardnergal970

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Oh I am so jealous GGal-I'd love to have a garden again. Years ago I kept one and loved canning and sharing all the veggies. DH is more anal than I am and had to have all the edges around the garden beds perfectly straight so when he cut the grass he "trimmed" off more and more of the plants. Finally gave up; now he has his perfectly straight borders on the yard.
I am NOT jealous of all that snow!! This has been my favorite winter--lots of small amts of snow lots of days but none over 5". The snow totals here were average for the year so we won't have the drought problems, QNS.
Doe & Darts. That's the block that almost sent me running around the neighborhood naked singing Jimi Hendrix songs!!
That's when I stomped my foot and said no more y-seams. I thought that one was a real booger-got it done but won't do that one again!!
Dough is in Bread Machine--how does home-made pizza sound for tonight's campfire?
They now have raised beds with sides that can't be trimmed away. Even some on stilts so you don't have to bend over. Same principle as QNS's tractor tires. Just add potting mix and plant . Good results are assured. Check out Gardner's Supply.
http://www.gardeners.com/Outdoor-Gar...efault,sc.html