View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Delilah

I agree with you. My SIL gave me a couple packs her hubby picked up and they are just not the quality of blades made for cutting fabric. As for the rolling problem make sure you don't over tighten the setting screws on your cutters. And that goes for using the HB blades or the high quality blades. The blades should always roll nicely when very little pressure is applied. I always make sure my blades spin easily when changing them. We are so ingrained with the idea that a screw needs to be tight to be set right and that is NOT the case with these rotary cutters.

Don't get discouraged with the suggestions you see here. Some have been very good and I have benefited a great deal by some of them but we all need to use some common sense, don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

One more thought. I return my used blades to LP Sharp along with a check and they send me brand new blades in exchange http://lpsharp.com/3.html. The prices are excellent ($3 or new Olfa for example) and the added benefit is that I am able to recycle the old blades instead of throwing them away.

Last edited by Delilah; 04-06-2012 at 08:46 AM.