Old 04-06-2012, 09:34 AM
sandybeach

Originally Posted by May in Jersey View Post
sandybeach asked "Do you make Paula Deen's Pineapple Casserole? I just love it. The first time I made it my son turned up his nose when he heard the ingredients, but I talked him into trying it. He ate half the pan. "

Not sure whose recipe it is, found it in cookbook with recipes from co workers. Don't have recipe handy right now but main ingredinets are a large can of crushed pineapple with juice, several eggs and about 5 slices of bread. Goes nicely with ham and could also be eaten as a dessert. May in Jersey
Try this one, you will love it:

[h=1]Pineapple Casserole[/h]Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
<DL class=times><DT>Prep Time: </DT><DD class=prep-time>10 min </DD><DT>Inactive Prep Time: </DT><DD class=wait-time>-- </DD><DT>Cook Time: </DT><DD class=cook-time>25 min </DD></DL><DL class=level><DT>Level: <DD class=difficulty>Easy </DD></DL><DL class=serves><DT>Serves: <DD class=yield>8 servings </DD></DL>

[h=2]Ingredients[/h]
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
  • 2 (20-ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained, and 6 tablespoons pineapple juice reserved
  • 1 cup cracker crumbs (recommended: Ritz)
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted, plus extra for greasing pan
[h=2]Directions[/h]Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a medium-size casserole dish with butter.
In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in the cheese. Add the drained pineapple chunks, and stir until ingredients are well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
In another medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter, and reserved pineapple juice, stirring with a rubber spatula until evenly blended. Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.