Old 04-06-2012, 09:45 AM
jljack

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Nancy, I don't get my posts by email (digest) or have I made a "my subscriptions list". I just log on and read the titles of the threads in the different main categories and then select what I wish to read. Example, after clicking "For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiast", there is a long lists of threads. Most of these threads' theme are "see my new machine". I do love seeing all the new vintage machines that have been rescued!! There are some days that I look at all the new threads started and other days not. The only tiresome and sometimes frustrating part of reading the QB this way is the amount of the "I got a new machine" threads makes it difficult to find other threads, like Joe was looking for yesterday.

Maybe, the best thing is if there were more of the "Sticky" threads besides MUV's tutorial on cleaning a machine in the "For the Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiast". The list should included different attachments, photos of machines, quilts made with vintage machines, FW questions, Glenn's tutorial on cabinet restoration.
This way those that are new to vintage machines or those needing information from a particular thread but don't stop by the Vintage Machine category often enough can find the subtopic of interest on the first page. Hopefully this conveys what I was trying to say.

So, with all that dribble from me, I'll be off setting up subscriptions to threads.
Monica, I sent a request to a moderator to put those threads up with stickies, so maybe they will do it now. Thanks for the suggestion.