View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 01:07 PM
jljack

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
i shop thrift stores for wool all the time for wool projects- it does not have to be a merino sweater- men's wool suit coats, skirts, trousers...all felt wonderfully! i always check tags at thrift stores & yardsales...as long as it says 100% wool you can use it.
visit Sue Spargo's web site for inspiration & great ideas for using wools. also Seasport Hooking, Primative Gardens, the Cotton Patch Quilt Shoppe (in East Tawas, MI) many places are carrying patterns for felted wool applique projects---here's what i've been doing with mine lately...
Very nice projects! Thanks for the tips on felting, too. This is all very new to me, but I am having fun finding out about it. My mom and I are looking for things we can do together, since she can't really quilt any more due to the tremor she has developed in her hands. At 87, she has been doing very well, but just can't control pieces well enough to use a sewing machine. She can do hand sewing, though, and is enjoying doing some embroidery. I think she will really enjoy doing stitching on some felted wool projects.