Old 04-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Jim's Gem

Ok, ten lashes with a wet noodle, I did not get my FQ in the mail today. I did hobble over to the Green Thumb Garden Center and bought a couple of vegetable plant that I really really want to get in my garden before surgery. By the time I got to the register I felt ready to collapse. The last couple of days I have felt really drained and no energy. I got some help putting my stuff in the car. By the time I got near home I had just enough energy back to hobble into Trader Joes to get 5 items, then collapsed into the car. I was able to get some plants potted and then sat for a couple hours making my fresh salsa. I put in 7 lbs of Tomatoes (still needs more) 15 tomatillos, 2 Large onions, 9 Jalepeno peppers, 9 Anaheim Peppers, 3 whole bulbs of garlic, the juice and pulp of 2 Limes, 3 bunches of Cilantro and some fresh ground salt. Yummy!!!! I love this Salsa on my eggs every morning as well as the "Dressing" on a salad. My whole family loves my Salsa. If my son does not come home, this should last about 3 weeks. I filled a Large Rectangle 2 Container (that I used to use to hold 10 lbs of sugar in) Good Stuff.
I also pulled a few weeds and old plants out of my garden area. I had to rest a lot in between and during tasks but I feel I got a lot done today!!!
I really really want to get that garden in before surgery but will need help doing so. My son is not coming home this weekend, but should be able to meet the family at my mom's place, about 100 miles south of here on the other side of Los Angeles, so I won't have him to help. DH has a children's event at church tomorrow morning, maybe in the afternoon I can get him to help pull out weeds and maybe till up some of the soil so I can at least get my peppers and tomatoes in!
Church tonight was wonderful. Had several more friends come up and tell me they were praying for my surgery and wondering how I was doing.
I cooked up a whole bunch of stir fry veggies last night with black beans added. Last night I put on a little bit of stir-fry chicken, tonight I tossed in some shrimp. We may have it for dinner again tomorrow. It sure was good!! Never thought I would learn to really like lots of veggies!!!!
I will endeavor to get my FQ in the mail tomorrow (ok, it's almost tomorrow but you know what I mean)
I'm sorry that I am such a slacker!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!