View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Snooks

Originally Posted by QuiltingHaven View Post
Okay, several people have posted that they have had gone to the local Lowe's and had plastic rulers (squares, rectangles, etc.) cut for them. Did it today. I wanted a plastic 5"square (exactly) couldn't find one anywhere here in town so went to the window area and they had a 8 x 10 in two grades of plastic. The one (which would have worked) was 1.98, the next higher grade was 3.98. I went with that one. They did not charge me for cutting it and it and I got a perfect 5x5 square. So I had him cut a 4 x 4 and then had a 3 x 5 and 4 x 5 with a 1 x 4 left over. All for $3.98 - better than a coupon. If you needed an 8 x 10 - no cutting necessary and you can go to the next up at a 10 x 12 to get a 10 inch square with a 2 x 10 left over for 5.98. Just trying to keep us all saving a tad bit of money here and there. They can also cut 5 1/2" squares or 4 1/4 or 6 1/2 for not a lot of money.
COOL!!!!! Love coupons, but I love deals toooooooo! I know what I will be getting next week, maybe DH will want to go too (he NEVER goes with me when I'm looking for sewing or quilting things). Thank you for sharing.