Old 04-07-2012, 09:57 AM
sweetana3

We did an interesting back to back cruise. One week on Celebrity and one week on Holland American. Very different and enjoyable for different reasons. Just had to walk across the dock from one boat to the other in Ft. Lauderdale.

HAL -older cruisers and families but with great friendly Indonesian crews. Good food and the best ever beds. Laid back. For example, the coffee shop was more like a Starbucks with paper cups and great coffee.

Celebrity - The NY Supper Club cruise. Great music, bars, coffee in fine china, portholes in the floor of the Lido cafe to watch the water from 9 stories up. Fine food and lots of dressing up. Not as laid back and crew was Italian (and gorgeous.) Beds good but not as excellent as HAL.

Then we went on a Princess Cruise and it was kind of middle of the road and underwhelming. But the ports were exciting (Canada) so it did not matter. I was not impressed with the food or the service.

We have also been on RCL but it was awhile ago.

I go to www.vacationstogo.com because they have the best website for searching for discounts and available cruises. I also use www.cruisecritic.com for questions and reviews. Huge amount of information.