View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 05:37 PM
sewgray

Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
This quilt will eventually be given to a special man in our community, Joe. Joe has been volunteering with the Boy Scouts for over ten years, mentoring and sharing all kinds of great experiences with the boys, helping them to keep on the right track throughout adolescence. My own son is working to attain Eagle Scout, and Joe has been instrumental in all of this.
So I've got this quilt in progress. It uses a variety of tans, browns, and reds from my stash. This was more difficult than it really should have been, only because my machine needed to go for service after I had made a few blocks, and then I figured I would continue sewing using a back-up machine. I could not get the seam allowance consistent on the two machines.
This just reminds me of a bowl of oatmeal with strawberries or apples. Hearty and good, just like Joe. I envision quilting some big swirls of 'cinnamon' in the big open areas.
Mary Ellen Hopkins said you should always use the same machine throughout the quilt because of the seam allowances.
I guess she was right. Your quilt is beautiful and just perfect for a man. He will love it.