Old 04-07-2012, 08:04 PM
dublb

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
CarrieM .... lovely lovely!

Once again, Y'all have me blushing with your many kind words. I really appreciate them!

DublB ... The apple tree should be patriotic. Didn't the apple fall on someone? George Washington?

JanRN ... and here I thought you patriotic Americans would be able to tell me! Maybe all the roads in Alabama are all square and straight?

JeanieG ... actually the yellow is difficult in someways ... light fabrics just don't go with it, unless I can get them surrounded by dark, and there haven't been many opportunities for that yet. I'm hoping they come ... as I have some fabrics that just aren't playing into the blocks because of the yellows. (such as some really nice grey and rust horseshoes sitting on a cream background!
Yeah, There is a rumor that George Washington cut down a cherry tree when he was a kid. When his father asked him about it he said "I can not tell a lie, I did it." There is no proof that this happened but it is still a good story. However I can't make an apple tree with my fabrics. They just looked awful! Maybe I'm too literal but I didn't like it.

I also wondered about how state blocks got their names.

I know that you are havin' trouble with that yellow fabric but it is coming out beautiful! I really like your blocks!