Old 04-07-2012, 08:06 PM
noveltyjunkie

Wow- that IS a challenge!

No dairy plus no soy rules out a lot of my desserts. Can he have coconut milk and/or coconut cream? I have a tasty icecream recipe using them if you want it.
I have lots of gluten free baking recipes but most call for baking powder. The lo sodium powder i know has potassium. Let me know if you have an acceptable baking powder and if so i can post something.

Otherwise, these brandy snaps might work ( if he can have ginger)?
Qtr cup margarine
Qtr cup caster/superfine sugar
2 tbsp corn syrup
One third cup white rice flour
1 level tsp ground ginger
1 tsp brandy
If he can have lemon rind, add rind of half a lemon

Line baking sheets with wax paper. Melt marg with sugar and syrup in small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in flour, ginger, brandy and grated rind.
Place small spoonfuls of mix 2 inches apart on trays. Cook at 350 F (180 C) until golden and bubbly. Remove from oven.
Cool for 30 seconds and, while still soft, pick up with a palette knife and press into desired shape (use an oiled cup to make an icecream cup, or roll around an oiled wooden spoon handle to make tubes)
Cool and carefully slide onto plate.
Store: airtight container

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
The diet cannot have wheat, gluten, dairy products, salt, only very low potassium foods. This leaves out almost all citrus, tomato, most fruit, beans, and soy products. All herbs have to checked to be sure they don't affect his medicines.