View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Quiltgranny

If it's not too late to join in... I REALLY need some encouragement on one particular quilt that I started 4 years ago for DH. I call it "Happy Trails", but for many reasons it has become "Unhappy TRIALS". :cry: The top is done, I had it all pin basted (1st time pin basting something this large, 60 x 75, and even managed to sew several SITD rows that ALL need to be ripped out. I just wanted to 'git er done', and made too many mistakes.

So, I'll start by ripping out the bad rows of stitching, then I'm going to proceed with spray basting, and to a new backing. The old one was pieced in such a way as it was way too difficult for me to line up with the front. I just purchased a piece of wide backing yesterday, so that should be much easier to work with.

Of course I have several other UFO's, but this one is critical to finish. I'm only going to list them one at a time, so I don't become overwhelmed. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about everyone's progress. We can do this, right?! :wink: