View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 04:39 PM
debcavan
Power Poster

Default Painted Roses quilt

I grabbed a rectangle of fabric left over from another painted quilt to demonstrate painting for my local quilt show. That was a year and a half ago. I didn't have enough of the background to do the border so I did a small green border and a striped border. It looked crafty. I ripped it off. I now had a working title of "Frog Quilt" . It continued. I found a spot of something as I quilted on the last new border, also left over fabric. It came off. I think it was old tape. Then as I was taking it off the machine, I discovered a small black area, the size of a small tag as if the glue had attracted or picked up something. This was on the backing. Definitely a frog quilt.i

It is painted with So Soft fabric paint. There was no time to prewash, but the paint has cured. It will wash beautifully.

The oval is actually a stained glass pattern from a Dover book. The quilting in the main body of the quilt is intertwined flurry feathers. The oval has yellow thread while the background has eggshell to help the oval show up better. It is hot off the machine and not bound yet.
Attached Thumbnails rose-quilt.jpg   close-u%5Bp-rose-quilt.jpg  

Last edited by debcavan; 04-08-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: misspellings