Old 04-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Nokie

Originally Posted by QM View Post
If you are new to quilting, I would suspect that in your past was someone who belittled your work, making it hard for you to be your own creative self.

If you have been quilting, I would guess that you just have too many things on your plate right now and you need to give yourself permission to do something small simple and quick to get past this point, or maybe just put things on 'hold'. Maybe take a nap. Maybe make a pot holder. Make a quickie charity quilt.

Generally, if I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, I do a quickie, which is probably why I usually have many projects going at a time, but they all get done, eventually.

You say, "this quilt" . Why are you making it? Is it something you didn't really want to make in the first place? Maybe skip it entirely or postpone it for a year or 2.
Wow - you got me on all points!! Yes there is an ex that always was on my case for what I didn't finish, what i didn't do, what I didn't do RIGHT, etc....thankfully my wonderful husband now is helping me get over that. And yes, I'm new to quilting - this is only my second quilt. The first one is sitting here not finished. I can't seem to get it done. I noticed that I said "this quilt" too - I think I said that out of frustration. It's a scrap quilt, and I"m frustrated that I don't have enough scrap material. Which is quite silly since I've only made one other quilt!! I do that to myself though - when I find something I love to do, I'm in all the way, and think I should know how to do it all like an expert of 20 years would.

On the bright side - I finally found a pattern I liked and am in the process of rotary cutting away. AND my sewing room is in the works - it looks maaahhhhhhhvelous in there.....and then I walk into the living room and see all the boxes and bins that I have to go through and put BACK into that maaahhhhhhhhvelous sewing room and it's not quite so maaaaahhhhhvelous anymore LOL!