Old 04-09-2012, 02:23 AM
alikat110
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
I, too, am having trouble actually starting a quilt. I LOVE the research part, acquiring the fabrics and notions parts, collecting the machines (HeHe) part and making lists of what i want to start with...then it's as if the "mood" just leaves me...then I stress over it...A HOBBY, for goodness sake!! I don't know if this is a hangup I have or a residual of when I was first married, my Ex would put me down for starting a project and not finishing it...thing is, it was just this one project that he kept bringing up....it didn't matter that I made all my clothes and even clothes for my mother...it was that darn fabric painting piece on velvet no less that I never got finished!! Even now when I think about a UFO (mostly in my embroidery pile), I get major stressed out and since the EX is totally EX'ed, I know this shouldn't bother me!!
If you continue to let this bother you, HE WINS..... there is a reason he is an EX.... this is probably a big part of it. Get rid of the "hangup" just like you got rid of him. I know this is harder to do than it was for me to say, but you can do it!!!!!