Old 04-09-2012, 04:33 AM
urgodschild2

I love looking at all the blocks so far. I petered out after doing Row A and B. I started before the date. Then when we all started, I just coasted along thinking how cheeky I was to already have a lot done. LOL. But I am glad that I did because I haven't been able to post or work on it because i am in Australia and won't be home untill May. No access to a sewing machine or a way to post pictures. So everything is on hold until I come home. although not everything is on hold. Buying fabric down here has been fun. They are called Patchwork shops or Haberdashy shops. The Haberdashy have lots of other fun things to look at besides material. The shops are very tiny compared to the USA> It is pricey to buy material......$20 dollars up per meter. A meter is about 3 inches longer then a yard.
I wanted to find the fabric with the babuska dolls on it as I saw it somewhere on someone's quilt here on the board and I finally had to order it from Sydney. I can't wait to get it. I will continue to look at all the fine work everyone is doing on Dear Jane and will reconnect with mine when I return.