View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 07:05 AM
newbiequilter

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I am probably in the minority, but I don't like to see a lot of filler in the guild's newsletter. I want to see just things that are directly related to the guild's activities or to local quilting events. Some guilds try to "fatten up" the newsletter and make it more "interesting" by adding recipes, puzzles, etc. I guess some people may enjoy these things, but for me it just makes it harder to find the information I need.
I agree! Totally! It is obvious that there are as many different "types" of newsletters as there are guilds.....but IMHO a newsletter should be just that - news of the guild for the past month, week or whatever is the guild's timeline. It should include a list of board members, officers and chairs for functions. Also, the Treasurer's report and the minutes of the last meeting, upcoming events and any pertinent information from various chairs. I have seen newsletters with pages of recipes, pages of links to online sites that someone thought was info to share, but I don't think that needs to be included. All but 10 members of my guild receive their newsletter via email, the others are mailed out. That is my 2 cents worth....