Old 04-09-2012, 07:52 AM
JeanieG

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
ooooooooooooh JeanieG .. that is a beautiful scrappy, indeed! The beige strings really make the pink/green blocks pop, but not attack!

What a good idea to get rid of a lot of the bulk and let you quilt. Now you have me curious about the PressNSeal .... does it actually stick to the fabric? and not shift off? Do you mark it before you put it on the quilt? or after? How large a patch do you put on at a time? (*note to self* buy PressNSeal!)
The PressNSeal really does stick beautifully to the fabric. The string blocks are 10" squares finished. I cut off around 9" of PressNSeal laid it onto the quilt pattern and traced it with a fine point Sharpie. I just stacked them on top of one another after I traced them. Then took one at a time and laid it onto the section of the quilt and firmed them with my hands. I used small vertical and horizontal guidelines on the top and sides to align it onto the block so they would be in the same place. I had already used my stitch in the ditch foot to do all the straight lines (in the middle section only), I only put one piece of PressNSeal on at a time, and quilted that following the lines. Because your only doing around 9" I just made sure that that section would move easily, not like your moving the whole quilt around.

I don't do meandering or anything like that, but I can follow a pattern line pretty well with the feed dogs down. I cannot say this is "really" FMQ, but I am pretty happy with the results. Hey my quilts are for me, and family and I don't plan on putting them in any shows or sell them! They don't have to be perfect!

They have great buys of PressNSeal at Costco.